The global pandemic has resulted in a seismic shift towards remote working, creating millions of home offices across the UK where hours are spent communicating via online platforms like Zoom or Teams.
However, a recent report by Fasthosts found that two in five remote workers in the UK are vulnerable to cyber-attacks as they have not received information about how to avoid COVID-19 scams or had any video call security training.
Whilst many businesses are starting to wind down for the festive period or ramping up depending what sector you are in; cybercriminals won’t be taking any time off from their relentless pursuit of your business data and systems.
The period between Christmas and the New Year can be a prime time for cyber criminals to strike as there is more chance a successful attack will go unnoticed for a longer period of time.
To help you over this period we have wrapped up a little gift of guidance for all our current members and for any new members who join us in December and January in the form of latest version of ‘The Little Book of Scams’.
It is full of invaluable tools and tips to help you make your business more cyber resilient and in doing so protect your customers valuable data.
The Little Book of Scams is a practical guide for business owners and will help you:
· Spot the early signs of an active attack
· Keep your staff up to date with the latest scams
· Check your business email addresses to see if they have been compromised
· Check the sender email address on an email without clicking on any links
· Make your staff aware of CEO fraud which could cost you large sums of money
· Understand what personal information about you is available online and how it could be used by a cybercriminal
· Avoid you and your staff getting caught out using public Wi-Fi
· Report cybercrime the right way
If you are already signed up as a CRC member your copy of ‘The Little Book of Scams’ will be making its way to you in the next few days.
If you haven’t yet signed up to join the CRC now is the perfect time. Just sign up for our core membership online today and not only will you get a ‘Welcome Pack’ full of steps you can take to make your business more cyber resilient, we will also send you a copy of ‘The Little Book of Scams’ as our gift to you.